You must read this blog post to learn how to check BVN in 2022. In this article, we will cover how to use your banking app to limit your BVN, and how to check your BVN on different banking apps, and mobile networks in Nigeria. Without further ado, let us delve in.
What Is BVN And How Does It Work?
Simply put, the BVN is a sequence of numbers that is used as an identifier for every Nigerian. Financial institutions use it to regulate credit services, and maintain financial accountability as directed by the CBN. It is important to note that the BVN stands for “Bank Verification Number”.
It is an easily memorizable 11-digit number that is assigned to a Nigerian. In trying to get a BVN, your biometric information will be collated by the agency doing the registration. Some of such biometric information include; fingerprints, face photographs, age, and other interpersonal information. It is important to note that according to CBN regulation, you cannot own a Bank account as an adult without a BVN. The BVN has made it easy for agencies such as DSS, and the Nigerian EFCC to catch cybercriminals and perform crime busts.
General Approach On How A Nigerian Can Check Their BVN In 2022
If you want to learn how to check BVN, there is a general code to use, and different ways for other financial institutions. This other ways of checking your BVN involves USSD codes that are perculiar to the different financial institutions. The general approach for checking your BVN involves dialling *565*0#. This will show your BVN number, and an SMS charge will be deducted from your line. The cost of performing a BVN check is 20 naira.
Different Ways To Check BVN According To Different Financial Institutions In Nigeria
In the course of subsequent paragraphs, we will cover how you can check your BVN on GTB, Kuda Bank, FCMB, UBA, Jaiz Bank, Stanbic Bank, Zenith bank, On Alat Mobile App, On GLO network, and First Bank.
Practical Guide On How To Check BVN On GTB
The way to check BVN on GTB is different from how you can check your BVN on other banks. You can use USSD code functionality to check for your BVN, and also use the GTB banking app. Here is how to check BVN on GTB with the USSD code:
- Get your mobile device
- Head to the dial interface
- Dial *737*6*1# on your registered SIM
- You will see a pop-up message of your 11-digit BVN.
Here is how to check BVN on GTB mobile banking app:
- Head to Google Playstore, or Apple App Store.
- Download the GTB Mobile app.
- Register on the app, if you are a new user, or log in to proceed to the next step.
- Tap on the Menu icon to reveal an interface showing options of things you can do in the app.
- Click on the option labelled “Profile”.
- Click on it, and you will see your BVN, alongside other account information.
Practical Guide On How To Check Your BVN On Kuda Bank App
Kuda bank is an app-only financial institution. They don’t address their Nigerian customers via physical locations. It is important to note that you can use the Kuda Bank app to check your BVN.
Here is how:
- First off login to your Kuda Account with the details you used in creating your account.
- Click on upgrade account.
- This will show a prompt to input your BVN, along with a prompt reading “Forgot BVN”.
- Click on “Forgot BVN” and you will see a prompt asking you to dial “*565*0#”.
- Clicking on the interface will automatically redirect you to your phones dial pad., where the dialing of the USSD code will happen automatically and you will see your BVN.
Practical Guide On How To Check BVN On UBA Bank
Just like most financial institutions in Nigeria, UBA bank has a unique USSD code that can be used to check BVN. In order to use a USSD code functionality to check your BVN, you need to have your mobile number registered for e banking. This can be done by activating UBA USSD banking, or by contacting UBA customer service. After activating the USSD banking functionality, the steps below are how to check BVN on UBA bank ussd code:
- Head to your phone dialler.
- Dial *919*18#
- You will get an onscreen prompt to input your unique 4-digit pin used for SMS banking.
- Then after some seconds, you will get an onscreen display of your 11-digit BVN.
How To Check BVN On UBA Mobile Bank App
There is no separate approach to check your BVN on the UBA mobile bank app. It is the same old “*565*0#”. In the future if UBA bank, creates a new app interface for checking BVN on their app, we will update this blog post.
How to check uba BVN on Etisalat, On Glo, On Airtel, and on MTN?
It is important to note that all the telecommunication companies in Nigeria, share the same USSD code for checking your 11-digit BVN. The general code in question is *565*0#. It is used for checking your Nigerian BVN on Glo, 9mobile previously known as etisalat, Airtel and MTN.